Hey Global Feminists! Here are a list of links about what other global feminists were up to this past week. We also want to know: What have you been reading/writing this week? Don’t forget to spread your own link love in the comments!
- Abandoning FGM/C (UNICEF): A photo essay.
- Africa: Women Traders Confronting Sexual Harassment at Borders (IPS News)
- A Path to Financial Equality in Malaysia (New York Times)
- Women dominate new Swiss cabinet (Women’s Views on the News)
- Scottish Episcopals dump gendered terms for God (The Hathor Legacy)
- Men’s Group Champions “Diverse Masculinities” (sexgenderbody)
- Black Women Face Double Discrimination, Half Century After Revolution (IPS News)
- Informe de seguimiento de la masacre de Bagua por James Anaya relator de la ONU para derechos indígenas (Peruanista)
- Geek Feminism and Mideast Youth (Geek Feminism Blog) a guest post from Esra’a from Bahrain who founded Mideast Youth.
- Iran convicts prominent female human rights activist of “waging war against God” (Women’s Views on the News)
- Afghan Boys Are Prized, So Girls Live the Part (New York Times)
- Afghan women break barriers in a male bastion: the army (LA Times) “Despite social taboos and other hurdles, a group of 29 become the first to graduate from an officer-candidate program mentored by U.S. troops. Officials hope to eventually go from a few hundred to 30,000 female soldiers.”
- Preventing LGBTQ teen suicides (ethecofem)
- Debunking “Delusions of Gender” (Equal Writes) “It’s finally here: A smart, well-researched, complete rebuttal of neuroscientific arguments for gender differences.”
- Australia Considers Copying France’s Xenophobic Burka Ban (Change.org’s Women’s Rights Blog) and Another burqa blog post from News with Nipples)
- Specialists support circumcision to cut HIV risk (News.com.au)
- Towards A Women-Inclusive Peace: Why 1325 Is The Crucial Number (Feminist Peace Network)
- what’s missing (Texas in Africa) “The world’s poorest people aren’t often welcome in these forums. Not really. It’s too bad, because ignoring the expertise of the poor – or only considering it when translated by the famous for the masses – hasn’t served them or us very well thus far.”
- Call for Participation: AIDS Accountability International: The Sexual Diversity Initiative: International Surveys on Trans Issues and Homophobic Violence (AWID)
See more global feminist news on our facebook page, twitter and tumblr. If you ever have suggestions for GFLL (whether they are your posts or someone else’s), feel free to email email@example.com.