Hey Global Feminists!
Here are a list of links about what other global feminists were up to this past week. We also want to know: What have you been reading/writing this week? Don’t forget to spread your own link love in the comments!
- Unlocking the puzzle: HIV in East Africa (femonomics)
- A New Publication: ActionAid: “Her Stories, Leurs Histoires” (in English and French) (Action Aid) Highly recommended.
- Young Visionaries Project: Women’s Health Clinic in Rural Nepal (Akimbo)
- Turning The Wheel Of Interfaith Dialogue In India (Counter Currents)
- Old Bombs Shatter Laotian Women’s Lives (Women’s eNews) “War-era ordnance kills and maims hundreds of Laotian villagers each year. Eighty-five percent of victims are men, leaving numerous women to fend for their families.”
- Not All Working Women Are Equal (IPS)
- Why we lack a Julia Gillard in Britain (NewStatesman) “Australia could have a female prime minister by the end of August. So, what’s stopping women reaching the top table again over here?”
- State of the (Superhero) Nation: Faiza Hussein in British Comics (Muslimah Media Watch)
- Argentina: Guarantee Women’s Access to Health Care (Human Rights Watch)
- Can Soccer Reduce Brazil’s Domestic Violence? (Ms. Magazine)
- Nothing is worse for a Saudi man than imagining himself a woman (Saudiwoman’s Weblog)
- Israel: Jewish Women Take On the Orthodox (AWID)
- America has a Nativism problem, not a “Muslim Problem” (Sepia Mutiny)
- Fighting for Prison Health Care Above the Norm (The Body) “On June 10, 1993, I was released from Albion State Correctional Facility for Women. “91G1505,” as I had been called for the last three years of my life, was no longer property of the State of New York…. During my incarceration, I was a victim of medical neglect due to policy and procedures.
- Of opprobrium and cavemen: slightly updated (Hugo Schwyzer) “At the Good Men Project site, there’s a lot of affirmation of the good that men do, and that’s fine. We all need reminders of our essential decency. But where I think Tom and I disagree is about the nature of masculinity itself.”
- Five days, done and dusted. Reflections on a 93p/day diet (Musings of an Inappropriate Woman)
- International Indigenous Women’s Environmental and Reproductive Health Symposium Declaration (INCITE! Blog)
- New Blog I’m digging: The Feminist Poster Project “This website archives and shares feminist posters, postcards and stickers for you to print and paste. It offers a space for inspiration and a network for feminist poster artists.”
See more global feminist news on our facebook page, twitter and tumblr. If you ever have suggestions for GFLL (whether they are your posts or someone else’s), feel free to email email@example.com.