Hey Global Feminists!
Here are a list of links about what other global feminists were up to this past week. We also want to know: What have you been reading/writing this week? Don’t forget to spread your own link love in the comments!
- Design for a Good Cause – A Volunteer Story (The Pixel Project)
- Russia: More on LGBT Rights (Global Voices Online)
- Not Ever (The F-Word) “Rape Crisis Scotland have created a TV advert, aimed at tackling prejudice against rape victims.”
- Psychological violence a criminal offence in France (BBC)
- Challenging Culture to Access Safe Abortion in Brazil (Akimbo)
- “Ser rico no debería hacerte Dios, or, Being rich should not make you God” (Womanist Musings)
- Ending Violence Against Women (WorldPulse) “When Dulce Marlene Contreras started her organization with seven of her friends, she had just one thing on her mind: helping the women in her rural corner of Honduras protect themselves from domestic violence.”
- Call on the Government of Iran to stop the imminent execution of Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani sentenced to death by stoning (womensphere)
- On the Radio: Nisaa FM (Muslimah Media Watch)
- M. Night vs. The Internet: The Airbender Mash-up (Racialicious)
- Second Verse, Same As the First; Fat Acceptance Is For Everyone (The Rotund)
- Thriving in Hostile Territory: Black Feminism in the College Classroom (The Crunk Feminist Collective)
- Beauty and the beastly panellist (Spilt Milk) “This is what we’re up against: popular and successful commentators who say that women size 18 and above are ‘extremely extremely large large women’. Who complain that just seeing fat women dress up and walk up and down a catwalk, in a culture where most regular catwalk models are underweight (perhaps dangerously so), is ‘sending out bad health messages’. A woman who can’t bear to learn that a fat person could be crowned beautiful without exclaiming ‘BUT WHAT ABOUT HER HEALTH’”
- Women in politics: Australia and the world (The Dawn Chorus)
- Feminists from 22 Countries Meet in Istanbul (AWID)
- Newsflash: UN Makes Push For Women (Ms. Magazine)
- New Publication: The report on the Global Symposium on Engaging Men and Boys in Gender Equality (XY) Also available Spanish and Portugese.
See more global feminist news on our facebook page, twitter and tumblr. If you ever have suggestions for GFLL (whether they are your posts or someone else’s), feel free to email email@example.com.