Gender Across Borders is looking for a Performance Arts (Dance/Theater) Editorial Internship for Winter 2010
Gender Across Borders (GAB) is an international feminist community where issues of gender, race, sexuality, and class are discussed and critically examined. We embrace people of all backgrounds to come together to voice and progress positive gender relations worldwide.
GAB is currently looking for a performance arts (e.g. dance/theater) editor. All internships may be completed from your home computer anywhere in or outside of the U.S. We expect all of our interns to be familiar with global feminist issues.
Performance Arts (Dance/Theater) Editor Internship
- Maintain an at-minimum monthly column which features past or current feminist performing art and/or artists as well as reviews of feminist performance art (all types of performance aside from strictly musical performance, which is the domain of a separate editor).
- Find contributing writers to write about global feminist performing art/artists (interviews with artists are recommended).
- Edit articles written by contributing writers and prepare for publication on the blog.
- Create a “series” which addresses a specific theme related to global feminist performance arts in which you will:
- Find writers to make submissions for the series
- Edit and post articles for the series.
- Attend monthly GAB conference calls with all of the other editors.
- Socially-network through Twitter and Facebook with other global feminists by posting GAB and other relevant articles.
- Self-evaluate progress through regularly tracking and reporting of work hours.
Must have knowledge and/or experience in dance and/or theater; editorial knowledge is not necessary but recommended. Excellent writing skills are required. Knowledge of blogging is not mandatory, but highly recommended. As stated above, we expect all of our interns to be familiar with global feminist issues; therefore, please be prepared to explain why you’d like to be an editor for a global feminist blog. Must commit to four hours per week for four months. Interns may extend their internship beyond four months if performance is excellent. Specific start and end dates are flexible.
Internship positions are unpaid. All positions at GAB are unpaid, as this is a “side” job that we do.
For consideration, please email a cover letter that includes the dates that you will be available, a current resume, a brief writing sample relating to gender and the performance arts (2-5 pages), and two references (letters of recommendation are not necessary) to Emily Heroy at email@example.com with “Performance Arts Application: Winter 2010” in the subject line. The deadline for this application is January 29, 2010.