Greetings, fellow feminists! It’s been a while since you’ve heard from us–since GAB officially closed up shop back in April–but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been thinking of new ways to advance the feminist movement. For our upcoming project, we’ve decided to take a more focused look at feminism around the world, that is, finding out directly from you what your experiences with feminism have been like and how the hardships affecting women around the world that we hear about […]
Latest Global Gender Justice News
The social construct of gender is so ingrained in almost every culture around the world, that even...
This post is by Tari Sikoki. Individualism. That’s the name of the game, and even though we are...
Image via toeducateagirl.com Last week, in honor of International Women’s Day, I attended...
- Gender issues in Communications4Development tools
- How Can I Make a Difference?
- Call for Writers: How are gender stereotypes forced onto children?
The 12th International Forum on Women’s Rights and Development, put on by AWID (Association for...
Image via http://static.guim.co.uk A few years ago, GAB covered the growing gender wage gap in the...
In the last five decades Germany has become quite a multi-cultural nation. Some people came to Germany...
- Malawi: New President and New Media
- Illusions of Abandonment: Euro-orphans in Poland’s Immigrant Families
- Targeted Sterilization: Women’s Reality in Uzbekistan
Photo Credit: Karen Ande This is more of a thought exercise than a typical post, but I wanted to...
U.N. Meeting Looks at Legal and Social Barriers to HIV/AIDS Prevention and Treatment in Asia-Pacific
Photo Credit: Chung Sung-Jun/Getty Images The UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the...
Lennox at the Women Deliver Conference last June/ Photo: Roxanne Roberts A few weeks ago, the UN...
- Act Now for Women’s Reproductive Health!
- The Misappropriation of Breastfeeding and the Shaming of Girls
- Get Your Laws Off Our Bodies [Legalese]